The e-commerce market is competitive. You would have created a beautiful online store and you’re carrying products that you know that people will love, but the only problem is no one is coming to your store. You’ll be definitely needing more visitors to improvise your business. More traffic to your e-commerce store means more chances of sales which is the ultimate goal of your business. The number of people purchasing top-ranked online retailers is less than 3%. Small business owners face a harder challenge because of this. You need to do something active to encourage people to visit your websites. Since it is a billion-dollar industry, it is a difficult task to draw people’s attention towards your online stores.
Why do people rush to e-commerce websites?
Ecommerce websites are the need of every business for it adds on advantages to business, productivity, abilities, accessibility, reach, customers, marketing analysis and branding. There are many examples like amazon, flip kart, and much huge e-commerce has become over time and the growing importance of e-commerce in modern business. The truth is everybody likes to sell products while at home with a relaxed mindset and so do the customers.
Amazon.com has nailed its e-commerce SEO generating over $1,000 in revenue per second. While a lot of their traffic and sales come from searches within their own platform, similar web estimates that search contributes 30% of their overall traffic ad Ahref’s site explorer estimates 706 million search visitors each month. But all these successes are not achieved easily. Because this has grown year after year.
Drive traffic to your e-commerce stores!
E-commerce websites must be secured with HTTPS. The main intention of this is to keep your customers’ information encrypted. For sure customers wouldn’t want to sacrifice their details of credit card, name, addresses, and other personal information. You have to set up all of your pages correctly so that you wouldn’t get a privacy error screen or other warnings from chrome. Run a site audit to identify your technical SEO issues. E-commerce properties are one of the easiest types of websites to unintentionally create a whole mess of indexation and cannibalization issues because of the sheer size. Google has officially stated that HTTPS will be used as a ranking signal.
- Make sure your content is attractive and written using the right and high search volume keywords relevant to the product and services. You have to choose a keyword to target for every product and category page. Selecting a perfect keyword is very important to increase web traffic to your e-commerce website. Two different pages need to be focused and those are, category pages and product pages. Depending on your EMS, you could export those pages, you’ll want to look for a head term as well as long variations. A head term would be a more popular keyword with a higher search volume. When you go to your keyword’s explorer and type in a keyword that is broadly related to your niche. You can change the irrelevant keywords with relevant ones using the include search box in the terms report. You should create a keyword according to your product category and brand names. A branded product would require a brand name and model numbers which enhances brand recognition and reputation. If you are selling an unbranded product you may want to stick with more descriptive terms that people are actually searching for. Make sure your search intent for the keyword matches the page you intend to use it on.
- Video content has immense value in social media. 67% of YouTube viewers look for product demos and reviews before making a purchasing decision. So, create more product demos and reviews and post them regularly to drive visitors back to your website pages.
- Make your websites mobile-friendly and this feature of your website is imperative includes the feature right away to save potential customers. 57% of all website traffic is done on mobile devices.
- The strategy of promotional emails; start sending promotional emails to your list of subscribers. It builds trust and loyalty also encourages customers. To come back to your store, make them a special offer which eventually benefits you back.
- Instagram is quickly becoming one of the most effective marketing chances for e-commerce merchants. Instagram provides brands with 25 more engagement than any other social platforms. Therefore, send free samples to Instagram influencers, that way we can get more visitors to our website.
- Reach out to bloggers and press by getting featured in a blog or mentioned in the press you can drive more traffic to your website.
- Reach YouTube reviewers for your products also search for journalists who write about your category of products.
- Get the help of your friends and family in a targeted way with personalized messages.
There is no quick or easy way to get traffic unless you work for it. building up a consistent stream of visitors takes time and effort. Lay a solid foundation and be consistent and traffic to your e-commerce website will gradually increase.